Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Commission - 1st Folds


My current project is a commission for a track enthusiast. The nice part about a cloth sculpture is that they can be free flowing abstract pieces, people, and/or things. Moving into a new home is exciting, but even more exciting is decorating a new home. I spoke to my latest client over the phone and asked for him to email me pictures of a relay exchange.  It was already established that he wanted a track theme that could cover quite a bit of wall.

While shopping I suddenly had a vision of using two panel canvases to create a larger work. Each runner will now have their own panel. Roughly, the work should be about 16 x 60. Here is an extremely early peek at the beginning of a cloth sculpture.



1st Folds


          
Upon completion this should resemble a relay runner's arm passing a baton. Stay tuned as I post more progressions.









A little more folding


No comments:

Post a Comment